Coordination of activities of the NRL network
The pyramidal organization of reference laboratories within the European Union is the following: for each member state a National Reference Laboratory (NRL) is designated. This NRL must ensure the correct implementation and coordination of all accreditated labs inside a country. The EURL is coordinating on its turn bat at a higher level all activities of the NRL network.
The EURL-AP delivers services and coordinates 27 NRL-AP for the detection and identification of animal proteins in feed.
The EURL-AP developed over the years different tools on which the coordination of network activities relies.
- The public website you are visiting for a global information on the EURL-AP mission and activities.
- A secure intranet platform with modular access grants. The EURL-AP intranet is the angular stone of communication with the NRL network. This platform is also hosting shared scientific databases (image galleries, protocols, etc)
- Newsletters are sent several times a year.
Each year the following activities are organized for the NRLs
- EURL-AP Annual Workshop
- Interlaboratory studies
- Enrichment of micrograph collection
- Official counter analyses
- Officious confirmatory analyses
- Collaborative research activities with NRLs
- Training and seminars
- Supporting initiatives from NRLs (technical and scientific assistance)
- Production of educational support
- Training material preparation and distribution